Tournament Date: Saturday, Feb. 26th, 2022
- U1000 (For USCF Rating under 1000)
- 1000+ (For USCF Rating equal or above 1000)
- The rating will be based on your max of Regular / Quick / Blitz rating published as of 02/2022
- If you are a new or unrated player, you can choose any section.
The Tournament Begins at 9:00am Pacific/12:00pm Eastern and should end before 1:00 pm PT.
- 4 round Swiss tournaments.
- Standard US Chess pairing systems will be used. Accelerated Pairings May Be Used If Needed
- This tournament is US Chess online regular rated.
G/25 Minutes; Increment 5 seconds
Each player receives 25 minutes plus a 5 second bonus each move to complete each game.
Estimated Round Times:
- Round 1: 9:00am PST (or 10:00AM MST, or 11:00AM CST, or 12:00PM EST. )
- Round 2: 10:00am PST (or 11:00AM MST, or 12:00PM CST, or 1:00PM EST. )
- Round 3: 11:00am PST (or 12:00PM MST, or 1:00PM CST, or 2:00PM EST. )
- Round 4: 12:00pm PST (or 1:00PM MST, or 2:00PM CST, or 3:00PM EST. )
- Please be on time for every round. If students have not started games within 5 minutes, they will be marked as a no-show.
- The rounds 2 ~ 4 will be automatically started after a 5 minutes break when all players finish the last round.
- Remember to stay ONLINE or LOGGED in after you have joined the tournament even if you take a short break, that way you avoid being left out of pairing for the next round. And make sure NOT to PAUSE the game unless you don’t want to participate in the next round, otherwise you will not get paired in the next round.
- All players must have a lichess account – all lichess accounts are free. If you do not have an lichess.org account yet, please register for a lichess.org account (it’s free!) before signing up for the tournament and please provide your lichess username in the “Online Username” field when you complete the registration form. If you have the lichess account, please use the same account to participate all ICEA tournaments.
- Players must play from a computer (desktop or laptop). Tablets and cell phones are not permitted for playing, but can be used as the second camera to provide us an angle to see your screen during your game (which is required for a new player or the player with a new lichess.org account).
- An active USCF membership is required. You can join the USCF or renew an expired USCF membership at this link: https://new.uschess.org/become-member
- All standard chess fair play rules apply, hence no external assistance by computer or any source is allowed. If any of a player’s lichess accounts have ever been marked as using chess computer assistance, we reserve the right to annul or submit as rated forfeit losses any of that player’s games at our sole discretion. Our hope is that this strict policy will further discourage cheating in our online events.
- Players can use a Desktop or Laptop that is “ZOOM ready” in case Arbiter requests the player to show camera angle or share screen.
- To be eligible for a prize you must join the zoom meeting using your real name with your camera on. New players must have a side/rear camera. Best angle shows the player and the monitor with the game at the same time.
- If your lichess.org account get flagged during the tournament or within 48 hours for any reason, your result will be forfeited, and we keep the right to report any detected violation to USChess.
- For U1000: the 1st, 2nd, 3rd will get a free entry for the next tournament.
- For 1000+ Section:
- 1st Place: $30 + Free entry for the next tournament.
- 2nd Place: $20 + Free entry for the next tournament.
- 3rd Place: $10 + Free entry for the next tournament.
- 4th Place: Free entry for the next tournament.
- Ranking Certificates will be emailed to top 10 players for each section.
- $10.00 by the Wednesday (by 2/23/2022) prior to the event
- $15.00 afterWednesday (by 2/25/2022)
- All registration is not refundable.
- We will send out tournament instructions or reminders one day before the tournament. Make sure your email for the registration is correct and is able to receive the email from ICEA (@icea1.org), check your spam folder or contact email@example.com if you didn’t receive any emails before the tournament.
- Make sure the USCF membership is active, otherwise we will not be able to submit your results to USChess. If your USCF membership is expired or expiring before the tournament date, please go to USChess website to renew it.