Online Class Instruction
NOTE: we are using Zoom meeting for the online class, please install the zoom client ahead of meeting.
[More online meeting info will be shown here once booking successfully.]
What your Child going to learn:
1. Chess Fundamentals – History, World Champions, Evolution of the game
2. Openings – Build your Repertoire
3. Middle Game – Planning, Attacking Weaknesses
4. Endgame – Improve your Technique to win or draw games
5. Analysis – How to Evaluate and Annotate games
6. The Chess Clock – How to manage your thinking time efficiently
Extra Activities used throughout the Course as part of:
EXERCISES, TACTICS WARM UP, RELAXING, HOMEWORK and CHECKING FOR UNDERSTANDING
• Chess Studies
• Chess puzzles (Puzzle Battle, Puzzle Race)
• Create own puzzle from your games
• Chess 960, No Castling Chess
• Thematic tournaments
- The online instruction (including zoom links and detailed training syllabus) will be sent out after booking this camp successfully.
- We recommend all students to have a US Chess member to measure the improvements by ratings. If you don’t have it yet, you can register a US Chess member here.
- please fill this form to tell more about your child’s chess goal.
- Your child’s chess level will be evaluated at the first class, we will have breakout rooms for different levels as appropriate.
- We will use lichess.org for the coaching tool and tournaments. Please have a lichess.org account for free ahead of the class, and join the ICEA Chess Club (https://lichess.org/team/icea-scholastic-chess-club) so we can share the studies or homework.
- All students will be encouraged to attend ICEA Monthly USCF-Rated Chess Tournaments, and the games will be analyzed by the coach.
- All registration is not refundable.
|Date / Time|
|Week 1||2021-05-09 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
||2021-05-16 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
||2021-05-23 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
|Week 4||2021-05-30 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
|Week 5||2021-06-06 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
|Week 6||2021-06-13 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
|Week 7||2021-06-20 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
|Week 8||2021-06-27 (Sunday) 3:00 pm – 4:30pm (PT)|
- $120 / camp (8 classes. each class lasts 1.5 hour)
About Coach Fari (FA, NI)
- Mr. Fari is a Certified FIDE Arbiter and National Instructor. He attained both titles in 2014 and participated in a 3 day Online refresher course in 2020 lead by US Chess team captains IM Donaldson and GM Melikset.
- He has 10 years coaching experience as National Youth coach for Zimbabwe from 2009- 2015.
- As a player, he has played chess in 4 different countries, participated in the World OPEN July 2019 in Philadelphia.
- His students have attained chess titles in International Youth Championships and at the World Chess Olympiad in the Women’s category.
- He has a passion for teaching chess and developing young players, I hope to share the knowledge and skills I have gained over the years.
About Coach Raghav
- Raghav has been playing chess since the age of 9.
- He has stood on top in many tournaments in India and other countries.
- He has dedicated himself to professional chess for more than 10 years.
- He created a Guinness World Record in backwards spelling at the age of six, and 5 Limca World Records in Blindfolded Chess at the age of twelve.
- He has been guiding many players for the past few years and has experience in teaching kids from the age of 5. His aim is to make the player enhance their level of play and also play comfortably.
About Beginner Teacher Felix
Felix started learning chess when he was 9 years old, and has a USCF rating of 1300+. He is the admin of a club with over 120+ members (ICEA Kid’s Chess Club on Chess.com). Felix has been training with Coach Atousa for 2 years. He has a passion for teaching chess.
This event is fully booked.