[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
What your Child going to learn:
1. Chess Fundamentals – History, World Champions, Evolution of the game
2. Openings – Learn basic openings, and ideas
3. Middle Game – Planning, Attacking Weaknesses, Tactics, and Calculation
4. Endgame – Improve your Technique on winning and drawing games
5. Analysis – How to Evaluate and Annotate games
Extra Activities used throughout the Course as part of:
EXERCISES, TACTICS WARM UP, RELAXING, HOMEWORK and CHECKING FOR UNDERSTANDING
• Chess Studies
• Chess puzzles (Puzzle Battle, Puzzle Racer)
• Chess 960, No Castling Chess
• Thematic tournaments
- The online instruction (including zoom links and detailed training syllabus) will be sent out after booking this camp successfully.
- We recommend all students to have a US Chess member to measure the improvements by ratings. If you don’t have it yet, you can register a US Chess member here. Or contact email@example.com to help you register a US Chess member.
- We will use lichess.org for the coaching tool and tournaments. Please have a lichess.org account(it is free) ahead of the class, and join the ICEA Chess Club (https://lichess.org/team/icea-scholastic-chess-club) so we can share the studies or homework.
- Passing students will be granted ICEA Chess Camp Certificates
- All registration is not refundable.
|Date / Time|
|Week 1||2022-06-17 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
||2022-06-24 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
||2022-07-01 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
|Week 4||2022-07-08 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
|Week 5||2022-07-15 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
|Week 6||2022-07-22 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
|Week 7||2022-07-29 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
|Week 8||2022-08-06 (Friday) 5:00 pm – 6:00pm (PT)|
- $100 / camp (8 classes)
About Teacher Felix
Felix started playing OTB chess tournament when he was 10 years old, and reached a USCF rating of 1800+ within one year. He is top 50 of the chess players of his age in America. He currently is a student of coach Melikset Khachiyan (who is also the 2022 U.S. Olympiad Women’s team captain). He got second in the International Youth Championship, second in the Las Vegas Open, fourth in the American Open, seventh in the North American Open, and third in the 2022 So Cal. SuperStates. He is also the captain of the ICEA Chess team, which got second for the team championship in the 2022 So Cal. SuperStates.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)