[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
- Explore non-fiction books together!
- We will read together and have group discussions about the topics we are learning about.
- We will expand our knowledge of animals, plants, wonders of nature and science.
- We will make connections with our own lives.
- Children are encouraged to participate in group discussions.
- Vocabulary study will be part of our research.
- We will then become creative writers about what we have discussed, also be inspired to write/illustrate our own stories based on group discussions or through ideas developed by listening to others or our own ideas in our heads.
- Children are then invited to share their work, as well as to continue onward for homework, to email to Teacher Tanya.
- Come along and share our love of non-fiction books and creative writing!
Supplies to Prepare
- Books (You can purchase the first book here, more books will be coming soon).
- blank paper
- lined paper (any style you are used to writing on)
Recommended Level: K – 3rd Grade
2020-09-08 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-09-15 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-09-22 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-09-29 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-10-06 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-10-13 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-10-20 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-10-27 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-11-03 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
2020-11-10 (Tuesday) | 4:00pm – 5:00pm (PST)
About Teacher Tanya:
Teacher Tanya has been teaching for over 28 years. The last 20 years she has been teaching at Wildwood School in Los Angeles, CA. She attended an international high school in Europe and studied Early Childhood Education at UCLA. She speaks several different languages and is passionate about educating children. She is honored to be a part of ICEA teaching programs.
About Co-host Felix:
Felix is an upcoming 4th grader from Broadway Elementary. He uses his spare time to read and write, makes YouTube videos to share his learning, and enjoys math, puzzles, chess, swimming and playing the piano. He won National BeeStar Competition Gold Medals (overall ranking the 1st in Fall 2019 and the 2nd in Spring 2020) and is a national winner of Math Kangaroo Competitions (Ranking #1 in 2020).
He is the administrator of ICEA Kid’s Chess Club on Chess.com, and he is also the co-founder of ICEA Global AirLearning Program.
This event is fully booked.
One thought on “Book Club & Creative Writing”
Writing is fun to do