[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Writing Class: Persuasive Essays
Recommended Grade: 4 – 7
- Wednesday@4:15pm – 5:15pm PT (From 4/6/2022 to 5/25/2022)
What is the best way to convince someone you are right? Through persuasive writing! This course will focus on opinion writing. Students will learn how to present their opinions using fact based evidence. In addition, they will also learn how to best organize their thoughts and how to respond to rebuttals. Persuasive writing is the basis for scholarship and grant applications, so this is a great starting point as students begin thinking about the future.
- Week 1: Thesis
- Weeks 2-4: Counter Argument and refute
- Weeks 5-6: Finding the best evidence
- Weeks 7-8: Elevating language, vocabulary and essay organization
Price: $180/8 Classes
- The online zoom link will be sent out in booking confirmation email as well as shown up in the top of this page.
- All students will be invited to join a google classroom before the class begins.
- All registration is not refundable.
About Teacher Ms. Rachael:
Rachael has been an educator for over 13 years. She currently teaches writing class in Aurora, Colorado. She received her masters in elementary education from Johns Hopkins University. Rachael is passionate about educating children and believes that every child can be successful with the right amount of support and resources. In her spare time, she likes to read, play Harry Potter trivia and bake treats from scratch.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)