[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Writing Class 1: Narrative Essay Writing
Recommended Grade: 4 – 6
- Wednesday@4:15pm – 5:15pm PT (From 1/12/2022 to 3/2/2022)
Is there more to writing a story than writing a story? Yes there is! In this class, we will look at changing stories that have already been written. Students will learn about perspective writing and alternate endings using information from the original story to guide their own. This will also help prepare students for class and spring testing since it is a popular prompt!
- First person narration through main and supporting characters
- Adding characters that match the plot of the story
- Creating events through making inferences
- Extending a story based on previous details
Price: $150/8 Classes
Writing Class 2: Short Stories
Recommended Grade: 3 – 5
- Monday@4:15pm – 5:15pm PT (From 1/10/2022 to 2/28/2022)
We want more writing! In this class, our goal is to write several short stories instead of one long one. In this way, students are:
- Building their collection of stories that they can eventually extend and publish
- Learning to be more precise in their story elements
- Elevating their descriptions and dialogue
- Challenging themselves to be creative with shorter pieces
- Weeks 1 and 2- The Problem
- Weeks 3 and 4- The Climax
- Weeks 5 and 6- The Characters
- Weeks 7 and 8- The Ending
Price: $150/8 Classes
- The online zoom link will be sent out in booking confirmation email as well as shown up in the top of this page.
- All students will be invited to join a google classroom before the class begins.
- All registration is not refundable.
About Teacher Ms. Rachael:
Rachael has been an educator for over 13 years. She currently teaches writing class in Aurora, Colorado. She received her masters in elementary education from Johns Hopkins University. Rachael is passionate about educating children and believes that every child can be successful with the right amount of support and resources. In her spare time, she likes to read, play Harry Potter trivia and bake treats from scratch.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)