[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Spring Math Workshop for 3rd – 4th Graders: Fractions, Decimals
This course is designed for 3rd and 4th graders who want to improve their understanding of math concepts related to fractions, decimals. Throughout the workshop, students will explore basic definitions, properties, and applications of these topics, which will serve as a foundation for further learning in math.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Fractions: Students will learn what fractions are, how to compare and order them, how to convert between different forms (such as mixed numbers and improper fractions), and how to perform basic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) with fractions. Real-life examples and visual aids will be used to reinforce the concepts.
- Decimals: Students will learn what decimals are, how to compare and order them, how to convert between decimals and fractions, and how to perform basic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) with decimals. They will also explore the connection between decimals and money, measurement, and other real-world contexts.
Date / Time:
(From April 16th, 2023 To June 7th, 2023)
- Class on Sunday @5pm – 6pm PT
- Tutoring on Wednesday @7pm – 8pm PT
No textbook required. Slides used in class would be handed out.
Assignments & Tutoring:
Corresponding homework and materials would given after class each week, the following Wednesday will be tutoring time for the students to go over their homework.
Price: $160 / 8 classes + 8 tutoring
- The online instruction will be sent out after booking.
- All registration is not refundable.
- No makeups will be provided. If you missed a class, we will share the class recording with you.
- We will provide weekly homework tutoring throughout the entire course to assist with your homework. Participation in these sessions is optional (if you can finish those homework by your own.).
About Teacher Ms. Yushuang (Sylvia):
Sylvia earned her undergraduate degree in Applied Mathematics from UCLA. She has a passion for sharing her love of mathematics with children and enjoys helping them to improve their skills in the subject. In her free time, she enjoys playing tennis and the piano.
About Teacher Assistant Felix:
Felix is a rising 7th grader from Windward School. He has been teaching Math & Chess classes since 2021. He has instructed more than 60 kids in math and more than 10 students got national winner awards. He is also the founder of weekly free program GlobalAirlearning.org to help other kids to speak in public. He received 2023 AMC 8 Math Competition Honor Roll of Distinction with a perfect score.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)