[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Why Child Playing Chess:
Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis right from the childhood improves the learning, thinking, analytical power, and decision-making ability of the child. Chess makes the child learn how to strategize aspects of the game and life. In addition, a child can also learn the importance of foresight, and planning. Children playing chess from an early age exhibit extraordinary memory skills. Chess also helps in improving concentration and academic performance of the child.
What is your Child going to learn in this class:
- Important Tactical Themes
- Draw by Repetition & Stalemate
- Destruction & Exercises
- X-Ray Protection
- How to get obstruction?
- Training games
2021-01-10 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
2021-01-17 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
2021-01-24 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
2021-01-31 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
2021-02-07 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
2021-02-14 (Sunday) | 3:00pm – 4:00pm (PST): Class | 4:10pm – 5:10pm (PST): Tournament
How to Play Tournament?
- If your kid doesn’t have a chess.com account yet, please have your kid creating a chess.com account.
- Join to our ICEA kids chess club: https://www.chess.com/
- We will post the tournament link in ICEA Kids Chess Club, click on the link within one hour ahead of time to join the tournament.
- The online instruction will be sent out after booking.
- All students will be invited to attend weekly ICEA chess tournaments.
- All registration is not refundable.
- If you are not sure about your child’s chess level, the teacher will evaluate it at the first class and assign to the appropriate class.
About Instructor Atousa Pourkashiyan (WGM)
- She began playing chess at the age of 8.
- In 1999, she won the Asian youth championship in India.
- In 2000, she got gold medal in world youth championship in Spain.
- She became a woman international master (Slovenia-2000) at the age of 14.
- She won a bronze medal in Asian Games (Qatar 2006) at the age of 18,.
- She became a Woman Grand Master in chess Olympiad (Germany-2008).
- In 2010, she won Asian Championship in Philippines and qualified for world cup in Russia.
- In 2014, she became the second in Asian Championship in Emirates.
- In 2016, she got a bronze medal in Asian Championship (Blitz).
Check out our Youtube Video for how our online class is going.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)