[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Why Child Playing Chess:
Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis right from the childhood improves the learning, thinking, analytical power, and decision-making ability of the child. Chess makes the child learn how to strategize aspects of the game and life. In addition, a child can also learn the importance of foresight, and planning. Children playing chess from an early age exhibit extraordinary memory skills. Chess also helps in improving concentration and academic performance of the child.
What is your Child going to learn in this class:
- Know the pieces
- Point system, squares and check
- Checkmate, stalemate and draw rules
- Checkmate with the queen and the waterfall checkmate
- Special Rules
- Puzzle Learning
2020-10-25 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
2020-11-01 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
2020-11-08 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
2020-11-15 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
2020-11-22 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
<No Class on Thanksgiving Weekend>
2020-12-06 (Sunday) | 1:00pm – 2:00pm (PST)
- The online instruction will be sent out after booking.
- The online class will be recorded, if you missed, we will share the recorded video to you.
- All students will be invited to attend weekly ICEA chess tournaments.
- All registration is not refundable.
About Teacher Felix Guo
Felix has a USCF rating of 1100. He has gotten 1st in the USCF rated tournament. He is good at blitz, he has gotten 2nd place in 900 people tournament, and is the admin of a club with over 110+ members (ICEA Kid’s Chess Club on Chess.com). Felix has been training with Coach Atousa for over 2 years. He has a passion for teaching chess.
About Coach Atousa Pourkashiyan (WGM)
- She began playing chess at the age of 8.
- In 1999, she won the Asian youth championship in India.
- In 2000, she got gold medal in world youth championship in Spain.
- She became a woman international master (Slovenia-2000) at the age of 14.
- She won a bronze medal in Asian Games (Qatar 2006) at the age of 18,.
- She became a Woman Grand Master in chess Olympiad (Germany-2008).
- In 2010, she won Asian Championship in Philippines and qualified for world cup in Russia.
- In 2014, she became the second in Asian Championship in Emirates.
- In 2016, she got a bronze medal in Asian Championship (Blitz).
Check out our Youtube Video for how our online class is going.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)