[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Why Child Playing Chess:
Playing the game of Chess on a regular basis right from the childhood improves the learning, thinking, analytical power, and decision-making ability of the child. Chess makes the child learn how to strategize aspects of the game and life. In addition, a child can also learn the importance of foresight, and planning. Children playing chess from an early age exhibit extraordinary memory skills. Chess also helps in improving concentration and academic performance of the child.
What is your child going to learn in this class:
For the Beginner I:
- Know the pieces
- Point system, squares and check
- Checkmate, stalemate and draw rules
- Checkmate with the queen and the waterfall checkmate
- Special Rules
- Puzzle Learning
For the Beginner II:
- Basic Tactics
- Ideas for the opening
- Italian game
- Queen’s Gambit
- Tricks in the opening
2021-01-10 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
2021-01-17 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
2021-01-24 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
2021-01-31 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
2021-02-07 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
2021-02-14 (Sunday) | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (PST)
- The online instruction will be sent out after booking.
- All students will be invited to attend weekly ICEA chess tournaments.
- All registration is not refundable, and no makeups will be provided.
- Beginner I and Beginner II will be in separate breakout rooms with the same schedule. If you are not sure about your child’s chess level, the teacher will evaluate students at the first class and assign them to the appropriate class.
About Teacher Felix
Felix has a USCF rating of 1300+. He has gotten 1st in the USCF rated tournament. He is good at blitz, he has gotten 2nd place in 900 people tournament, and is the admin of a club with over 110+ members (ICEA Kid’s Chess Club on Chess.com). Felix has been training with Coach Atousa for over 2 years. He has a passion for teaching chess.
About Teacher Austin
Austin is a USCF-rated-player at blitz. He runs a 50 members club on Chess.com. He has been training with Grandmaster Atousa for over a year. Austin has a passion for both playing and teaching chess.
About Coach Atousa Pourkashiyan (WGM)
Check out our Youtube Video for how our online class is going.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)