[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
Recommended Grade: K – 8
Teacher: Claire Huang
Hybrid = First 5 Classes online + Last 4 Classes In Person
- Online: Zoom
- In-Person: Culver City (90230) (If you cannot make in-person classes, you can keep online classes.)
- The zoom meeting info and location address will be sent out in booking confirmation email as well as shown up in the top of this page.
- You can choose all classes online.
- Mask might be required for the in-person classes based on pandemic status.
- All registration is not refundable.
Date/Time: 3/12 – 4/30, 2022@4-5 pm PT (Saturdays)
In this course, students will be encouraged to explore their own art styles and develop their own flair in art. While they will be learning through our tutorials, we also give opportunities for them to exercise their own creativity, as we will be implementing a fun comic creating class for our students!
- Week 1: What Happens Next? – An Intro to Comics- Simple VS Complex Style
- Week 2: Designing Your Own Characters
- Week 3: Drawing Out Personalities and Plot
- Week 4: Drawing Supporting Characters
- Week 5: Drawing Setting
- Week 6: Intense Scenes and Word Bubbles
- Week 7: Page Composition
- Week 8: Drawing Your Own Comic Page
- Week 9: Drawing Your Own Comic Page
Price: $80/9 Classes
Claire has taught Art Classes before in ICEA and is currently in high school. She won second place in a bookmark contest, and an award of merit for a reflection’s contest at school, and second place in a sketching contest. She started drawing when she was nine and has a strong passion for art!
“Comic Art Class with Claire” is a program sponsored by I.C.E.A. Incubator for Kids. All Booking Proceeds will go to Incubator for Kids Fund.
Bookings are closed for this event.
(Please go to My Account to upgrade to I.C.E.A membership to get booking open.)