[More class instruction (such as Class Location or Zoom Meeting Info) will be shown here once booking successfully.]
(Grade 3 – 5)
In this class, students will be limited only by their own imaginations! As fantasy authors, students will write a story that follows the traits of the fantasy genre. They will explore themes by creating their own worlds, developing interesting characters and designing events that follow an organized story arc. At the end, students will have a fantasy story that transports our readers to a magical place while teaching them valuable lessons!
Instructor: Ms. Rachael
Tuesday @3:40 – 4:40pm PT (from 3/14/23 to 5/2/23)
- Week 1: The Quest to Find the Central Challenge
- Week 2: Outline the Story- First Draft
- Week 3: Creating A New World, Refining our Outline
- Week 4: Characters’ Histories: The Good and the Bad
- Week 5: Set it Up- Introduction
- Week 6: Rising Action
- Week 7: The Most Important Scene
- Week 8: Happy Ending, or Not
Price: $200/8 Classes
- The online zoom link will be sent out in the booking confirmation email as well as shown at the top of this page.
- All students will be invited to join a Google Classroom before the class begins.
- All registration is not refundable.
About the Teacher:
Rachael has been an educator for over 15 years and has been teaching ICEA writing class for more than 3 years. She currently teaches writing class in Aurora, Colorado. She received her masters in elementary education from Johns Hopkins University. Rachael is passionate about educating children and believes that every child can be successful with the right amount of support and resources. In her spare time, she likes to read, play Harry Potter trivia and bake treats from scratch.